Sunday, August 9, 2009

Surrender (While Falling Out the Window)

Today is the 6 month anniversary of when our paperwork was sent to Ethiopia. I kind of expected it to be a hard, depressing day, since we are now officially "overdue", and past the 4-6 month window that it usually takes to get a referral. However, this day has been filled with joy and peace that surpasses all understanding, and I would like to thank everyone who has prayed for me during these past few weeks that have been so hard.

I think that my real turning point was actually in writing my last blog post. It was theraputic to write it all out, and also let people know I needed help. I am so thankful to those of you who sent cards, wrote me encouraging emails and even just told me that they were praying for me. I could really feel people's prayers and God working to change my attitute. I then had an amazing experience during our churches "One" service @ the Hillsboro Stadium, where I realized that I had been holding onto my own timeline and that although I thought I had surrendered it many times, I had taken it back and really was demanding God to fit into my plan. I feel like during communion (which was pretty funny because it was done with "to go" communion cups handed out on the way into the stadium) I was finally able to truly surrender the timing of this baby to the Lord.

This weekend, Brent and Noah went on a father-son fishing/camping trip, so on Friday night, my good friend Kari took me out to dinner, and when we came back to her house to play Karaoke, my friends completely surprised me with an "almost shower". I was COMPLETELY surprised, and a bit confused since I had no clue what was going on. But, once they explained that they wanted to spend the time praying for me and encouraging me, I was completely blown away by their thoughtfulness! We had a time of worship, a devotion and then each of them had come with a bible verse they had picked just for me and/or Button and wrote it on a beautiful quilt that Kari made with adorable little "buttons" on it! I received an adoption baby book, an amazing new diaper bag that my friend Tanya made, and lots of little things that babies need! It was so nice to feel like this is really happening. We are going to have a little one again at just the right time!

So, I am feeling very loved, prayed for and thankful for my amazing friends and family on this 6 month waiting milestone. I never in my wildest dreams thought we would be the ones to "fall out the window" (as another couple we know from Dove coined on their blog) but we do know and trust that God is leading us, teaching us, shaping us and has good things in store for us. :)

1 comment:

Becks and Lee said...

It was awesome getting to be a part of the surprise last weekend! It was wonderful getting to shower you with love and pray over you and for Brent, Noah and baby Button! It was great to hear today of the peace that you have been given since the One gathering and just being able to finally surrender your timeline to God and wait for His perfect time! We are continuing to lift your family up in prayer! Love, Lee