Saturday, August 15, 2009

Surprise!!!!!!

I have been bringing my cell phone with me everywhere for the past 6 months, and when it needs to be silenced, I ALWAYS have had it in my pocket, conscious that it could be "the call" anytime....Except, my theory was that it would be sometime between 10 and noon Monday through Friday, so I took a "break" during the weekends....

So, today I went to a baby shower, and was wearing a dress, and honestly didn't even think to have my cell phone near me. I had a great time celebrating with a good friend whom God has blessed with twins, and on my way home from the shower, I noticed that Brent (who was paintballing in Newberg) had called 4 times during the shower. My first thought was that he had gotten hurt, so I called back right away. He said, "I just talked to Tammy (the program director at our adoption agency)" and I said, "what? why?" He totally strung me along and asked if I really wanted to know or not and I said YES!!!! He then told me It's a GIRL!!!!!!! I totally started crying and then asked if he was joking (which, yes, would have been a sick joke, but I was totally flabbergasted about the girl thing). I then got to drive back to the shower and tell a big group of friends from church, which was an amazing, fun experience. Brent didn't have ANY details, since it was all on his email and we had quite a comedy of errors experience as I tried to access Brent's email from the Marshman's house, but we eventually figured it out, and here are the details we know so far:

Baby Girl!!!
Born: April 27th, 2009
Current Weight: 7lbs 4 oz.
Current Height: 20.9 inches
Current age: 3 1/2 months
She is on a good feeding/sleeping cycle and can hold her head up when brought to a sitting position, and can hold herself up on her fists in a prone position.

We are still deciding on a name, but will let you know when we decide!

Also, we don't have a picture yet, but are hoping to get on on Monday. So for all of you who live in the area, we are planning to hold a little dessert open house for anyone who wants to come by and see the picture once we get it.....More details to follow, and we'll cancel if we don't happen to get the pic on Monday!

We are so excited, surprised and amazed that God has brought a little girl into our family! Thank-you so much for your prayers during our wait! We'll keep you posted on the next steps like court and travel as they come. At this point we really have no idea how long it will all take, but are hoping we will maybe get to travel in November or December to bring this little girl home!

Love,

Brent, Amy, Noah and little girl Button :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Praise God for answered prayers and his provision. Can't wait to hear more!!