Monday, March 22, 2010

Final Days

This was our Christmas miracle. We took Meaza into our arms forever on Jan. 7th, which was Ethiopian Christmas. When we didn't pass court, we were told that there was no way that we would have her by Christmas, and even so, I felt compelled to pray for a miracle. God answered in an amazing way, and allowed us to have 2 Christmases this year, one with Noah on Dec. 25 and then one with Meaza in Ethiopia on Jan. 7th. We were under the impression that we would either travel before Dec. 24 or after Jan. 22nd, as Ethiopian holidays made things close down and our agencies Embassy dates were only on Thursdays, but God provided a Monday date for us, which allowed our Christmas miracle. :)

It was a very special day for me; not only did I have my little one in my arms forever, but I got to dress her up in the Christmas dress I had bought her, got to experience Ethiopian Christmas traditions and just had a fun time hanging out with Meaza and Brent, taking pictures.

We enjoyed the staff who all got dressed up in traditional clothing, danced and served a traditional meal to us. We woke up to the cow we had seen the night before who was tied to the gate, now butchered (by Wendi, by the way who is an all around jack of all trades apparently) and being carved up by the chef.....things work so differently there.

This video also shows our arrival at the airport. This is one of my favorite parts because it shows how many people were a part of our adoption process....and how loved Meaza was even before she came home. We had a huge turnout and felt so loved and welcomed. I loved the feeling of triumph I felt as I walked towards everyone, holding my precious little girl high for all to see, knowing we were finally home and that all the waiting and pain were most definitely worth this beautiful, precious gift that could have only come from God.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great videos Amy. Thanks for sharing.