Thursday, October 8, 2009

Confusion

When we first got our referral, we were told there was a chance that even though the courts were officially closed, that they might still be assigning court dates through the closure because things have been abnormal with the closure this year. We didn' hear anything fo several weeks, then in mid September our agency then told us that the courts were in fact not giving out court dates until they re-opened Sept. 29th.

I joyously couted the days down and Sept 29th came and went, and maintained my cool until a week later, when we started to hear rumors that the courts had not actually opened Sept. 29th, and were in fact waiting until Oct. 13th to open. This of course happened over the weekend, and so we contacted our agency first thing Monday morning and they maintain that courts did in fact open on 9/29 but that its "like the beginning of school when it takes a few weeks to get things up and running". (Which as a teacher I take offense to, because teachers actually have one week of prep and then things start full strength on the first day with kids, but I can work past that and see the analogy--no cases are being heard, but people are in the building, organizing and training, etc.)

So, there is a chance we could hear anytime about our court date, but it will probably be another week or so before we hear. It is very frustrating to have missed out on 2 months of our daughters life because the courts are closed, but I guess I knew this was a possibility when we decided to adopt from Ethiopia. At times it feels like we are hitting all the possible "bumps along the road", but I feel like I am starting to surrender the timing to the Lord. I would love to have Meaza home before Christmas, but have to trust that if it's what best, God will make it happen and that if it's not, HE will give me strength to handle it....hopefully with grace...I would really appreciate prayers as it is again the unknown that makes me the most crazy....

2 comments:

butlerfam said...

i know first hand that this wait time is tough but i also know that i feel the nearest to God right now. i have been on my knees many days and nights asking for him to hold me. i do not understand why we are to wait but i know that it will all come together in the end. He has a plan! Jeremiah 29.11

milreb said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by our blog. Our agency still has not heard from ET on court news. I am so sorry you were rescheduled! Hope you get a new date quickly. We are an "M". I will have to ask our agency about the backlog.